Monday, November 15, 2010

Old Friend

I ran into a friend of mine who I used to work with while at ABC in San Jose. Dean Smith. A surfer,photographer,journalist, and Dad. He is the kind of guy who always seems to be having a good day even when he is not. 

Dean was covering the Face Book press conference in San Francisco that had been set up to share insights on the new Facebook email service. There were ton's of geeks and the media circus folks running about. I walked through the scurrying lunch crowd and found Dean talking to a news groupie about Sat Comm's and Downlink feed windows. Exciting news talk for sure.  When the groupie left we started a chat about surf and the Canon 7D.  Then I left passing a homeless man urinating next to an array of bikes locked up to a metal bar.

Unfortunately I can't share any of Dean's award winning photography because I deleted my facebook account (I think). Stay tuned. I will find some

No comments: